Thursday, August 19, 2010

Meet the Teacher


Well, tonight was Brylie's "Meet the Teacher" at school. She received her letter in the mail yesterday from her teacher Mrs. Oliver in room 004. All day today Brylie was so excited about getting to go tonight. She skipped right up to the school and then the second we made it to her classroom she froze. I literally had to push her in the door. Thankfully her teacher was very sweet and wrapped her arms around her and talked to her in a very low voice for a few minutes. Mrs. Oliver showed Brylie her seat at the "yellow" table and also showed her where circle time was as well as the centers and her locker. We then went and saw the cafeteria, gym, music room, library, and playground. After we left I was of course full of questions about what Brylie thought but she just kept telling me that she didn't want to talk about it. I finally got her to open up while laying in bed with her tonight. She told me she is really nervous about me not being there and nervous about meeting new friends. I really hope that come Monday she doesn't cry. Lord knows I'm going to be a basket case and it will just make it harder for me if I think she's scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment