Saturday, February 4, 2012

8 Weeks

When I was pregnant with the girls "blogging" wasn't as big as it is now so I never had one with either of those pregnancies.  I thought it would be fun to document this one as much as possible so that I can look back on it.

I went for my first sonogram a little over a week ago and measured to be 6 weeks 6 days.  While I thought this was right based on my dates I was also shocked to learn I wasn't a little further along based on my ever growing tummy!  I seriously look to be at least 3 months pregnant.  I know they say the more pregnancies you have the sooner you start to show, but HOLY COW!  At this rate I'll be ENORMOUS by the end of my nine months!

I have noticed quite a few other differences with this pregnancy than the other two.  For one, I have been SICK....I mean sick, sick!  I can remember a very few times when I was pregnant with the girls that I felt nauseated and I think I actually threw up only once with each one.  While I have yet to throw up this time around the nausea has taken it's toll on me.  I am literally sick from the moment I get out of bed in the morning until I finally fall asleep at night.  It is absolutely miserable!  I can't even think about eating without gagging.  In fact I cannot cook food, smell food, or even see food without getting complete grossed out and even more nauseated.  As far as eating goes, I might as well forget it.  I am however starving all the time but since food gags me I can't exactly fill that sensation.  I finally couldn't take it anymore and called the doctor yesterday and begged for some form of relief.  They put me on a prescriptive drug called Zofran.  It comes in a "melts in your mouth" form that is suppose to dissolve on your tongue.  While the "easy" to take form may be so, it tasted like I had just put a bunch of liquid NyQuil in my mouth and had to hold it there for a few seconds.  ULTRA GAG!  I can at least say it worked and worked fast!  By the time Mitchell got off work I felt like a million bucks...but was beyond hungry.  After going to Tokyo for a little hibachi I felt like I could conquer the world!  I took it again today and was actually able to stay on my feet long enough to get things accomplished around the house.  I have no idea why it took my this long to ask for relief!

I have also been way more tired this time around.  I could literally sleep ALL day and still be completely exhausted.  By the time I get ready for bed at night I feel like I have the flu or something.  My entire body will ache and it's everything I can do to get through reading bedtime stories with the girls.  Usually by now I am fighting major heartburn.  I've been lucky that I have only had it a couple of times so far and it was nowhere as strong as when I was pregnant with the girls.  I am already having trouble bending over to tie shoes, shave me legs, or pick stuff up off the floor without being short of breath and feeling like I have a huge rock (or baby) in my tummy.  Like I said, lots of differences this time around!  Boy maybe?  Time will tell!

A few fun facts:

How Far Along?
8 Weeks 1 Day

Baby Size?
Comparable to a green olive

Baby Facts?
Baby is now an actual fetus and not an embryo.  It's liver, spleen, and gallbladder have all begun to form.  Baby is growing at a rate of one millimeter each day.

Foods I'm Loving?
Chinese!  When I am able to eat I usually want Chinese.  I actually craved Chinese food when I was pregnant with Brylie too.  With Katy it was fruit.

Foods I'm Hating?
I already had a not so pleasant experience with eggs so they are definitely out right now.

Best Moment This Week?
Zofran!

Symptoms?
ALL DAY NAUSEA....although now experiencing relief thanks to my new medicine.

What I Miss?
Sleeping on my tummy!  I'm a big fan of sleeping on my tummy but that's now it is just plain uncomfortable.

What I'm Looking Forward To?
Finding out the gender!

I have my first prenatal appointment Tuesday, so more updates then!



No comments:

Post a Comment