Saturday, February 4, 2012

Minivan Mom

We took the first plunge into being a family of 5 and purchased a 2012 Nissan Quest.  I had no idea that when we walked into the dealership to "look" we would actually get to leave with a new vehicle!  For those inquiring minds, this is our new purchase:  (by the way some of the pictures are the real deal while others are just out of the book since I have not been feeling very wonderful lately)

I LOVE the color we chose!  It is called Twilight Gray but has a really pretty bluish tint to it when the sun hits it.



I am sooo in love with it and all of it's many awesome bells and whistles!  Some of my favorites:

The ample storage space!  Unlike all the other minivans the second and third rows folds forward rather than down into the rear storage which means I don't loose the extra space.  One of the "perks" the book shows is that it fits an entire kayak in it.  Of course now Mitchell thinks he needs to add a kayak to his fishing equipment.   It also has 2 consoles, 16 cup holders (that's enough for every passenger to have at least 2 drinks), and the favorite rear storage well.

It's so deep both the girls fit in it!  Here is Evelyn modeling one at the dealership a few months back.



Here are a couple pictures of what it looks like without anyone in it.  I love the removable storage organizer!





And the picture (obviously from the book) of the inside.  We removed the center console from the second row to allow for a walk-through area to the third row.



I also am loving the automatic doors and keyless entry and start-up.  So long as the key is buried somewhere in my purse (as we all know "buried" is an understatement), I can easily open all the doors and back hatch with the click of a button located on each of the doors.  I can also start and drive the car without the key as well.

The large display screen, usb connections, dual air control, and added backup camera are also fun to play with.




It also has a conversation mirror that allows me to see everything that's going on behind me at all times.

We all know how much I hate to put air in the tires since I can't ever tell how much is enough....now it's not a problem!  The car will actually honk when it reaches the right amount of air!  It also beeps at me if I try to change lanes and another car is coming into my blind spot.

The girls are loving the Bluetooth surround sound.  With a touch of a button on my steering wheel, my phone is automatically activated and will carry out commands with my voice.  The car basically turns into one big speaker phone!  This is also great for when my phone rings so that I don't have to start digging around looking for it.  I also have the radio volume controls on the steering wheel.

So there it is in a nutshell....my new prized possession!  I am tickled pink about it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment